In a livestream this morning, SQUARE ENIX confirmed that DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Arcade will feature 14 playable characters at launch, most likely 1 from each mainline FINAL FANTASY title. As mentioned during the closed conference held earlier this week, the game will eventually feature a roster of around 50 playable characters to be added via post-release patches.
The current list of confirmed characters include:
- Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy I)
- Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
- Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
- Y’Shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)
- Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) – coming in post-release content
During the livestream, the developers also held gameplay demonstrations of Lightning, Cloud Strife and Y’shtola in action. We’ve got those three videos for you below.
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY will be heading to arcades in Japan this fall. The title will be exclusive to arcades for a period of one year, after which a console release is likely. No plans have yet been announced regarding a potential release outside of Japan.
Cloud Strife Gameplay